Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wow....So much to write about....Firstly though to shorten this post I will just direct you to Hayley's website, like on the right hand side of my page, read the post about youth workers and theology and leave a comment about what you think.....I believe that what she's written is totally true and that I myself as a youth worker (in training) am fully committed to getting theology out into the lives of the young people I work with because it is so so important! Anyway...Go read the post!!!

First in study skills we looked at some of our learning styles and personalities. Just for your information I am a reflector and an idealist. (if that makes any sense to you!) Basically we did the test found on http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind (what am i like) if you want to have a look...Let me know what you are. I've done lots of these quizzes in the past and haven't actually found them that helpful...Interesting yes...But not very helpful so maybe after this module I'll finally understand why I learn the way I do (or don't learn, as the case may be). I'm looking forward to a deeper understanding and knowledge of different learning styles and skills so that I can use them to make my youth work practice more effective. In our tutorial with Rich we talked about the Muslim youth work course that is going to be started at Chester Uni next year...This was such a great discussion and so I'm going to pose some questions about it rather than just ramble about the time...Its about time you used your brains too!

Theology was not so interesting today but maybe that was because I had done the pre-reading etc and kind of found out all the stuff we were being told before we were taught it...Yes I know I need to stop being such a geek! The lecture today was about tradition and orthodoxy (Greek word for currently assumed correct belief) and was well explained and detailed in content but wasn't particularly interesting.....But it was important!! We need to learn about where the statements of faith (creeds) which we/the church say come from and how these things affect what we believe and do today.

1 comment:

Revd. Neal Terry said...

Reflector/Idealist then... Me Too!