Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The whole process of blogging is pretty new to me but not as new as becoming a real live university student!

My first week here has been such an incredible experience and I have been blessed by the amazing people I have met in so many ways. Firstly just a little note about my housemates. You girls are sooo great!! Big Cheer for 14 CCC.....And Charlotte the Cow (pictures will be added). Its been so good to get to know such awesome people and to be living in the same house is great cause it feels like we're known each other for ages, not just a week!

I started lectures on my course (Christian Youth Work and Applied Theology) today and although there was a lot of information to take in all at once, I think I've got it all. Luckily I have tomorrow off so I can re-organise my stuff and make sure that everything is ready to go again on Thursday. I am really interested in the theology side of the course, not just because it will give me a good knowledge base to answer young people's questions {or facilitate their own discovery-see learning already!(don't look so shocked!)}. Personally for me I think its going to be such an opportunity for me to become strongly rooted in what I believe.

So basically now...I'll finish this post on this note...Dot said that some of us would love this Blogging thing, some hate it and some just get on with it...I'm not sure which category I fit into yet but one thing I am glad about is to be given a task to write....I've missed it so much. Hopefully this will be an opportunity for me to set time aside for some creative writing and reflection...I'm actually looking forward to that.

So that's that
First week over
First Blog over
Roll on the rest of term!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Thanks for the link on your blog-roll, much appreciated!

Wishing you every blessing with the course at Chester.

Anonymous said...

go 14 CCC!

love the blog...

Anonymous said...

Hi laura, lovly to see such joy coming through the words. Just take care, look after yourself. With a blessing wish from me, for goodness in the lives of all those you encounter. I wish I was there amonst them.

xxx

joeking