Thursday, October 26, 2006

I've once again not posted for a week....But never mind.....
BIG NEWS:- (Best house on Campus!) 14 Church College Close now has internet!! So I am writing this from the relative comfort of my bean bag! Very exiting!

this week has been really good...Had my Personal academic Tutor (PAT) meeting today....Hey Dot!'....And in my true style I managed to get it to last a whole 3mins!.....Yeah I know some of you from back home are tutting to yourself because you think I should have had more to say but.....Sorry guys.....I'm just being me as usual....I don't like talking very much!

theology was again on creation so don't really have anything to add there.

Tutorial was good but no real controversial topics launched.....Did mention about the bar etc in St John fishers (my home church) and that got many a diaproving look....What do you think? Also I did start to explain a little about the Catholic Missal (thing with the order of mass and readings in) but I think it came across as that we don't use the bible....Sorry Aimee! Hopefully there will be more opportunity to talk about this and the other denominations of churches further.....It's kinda my favorite subject being a Roman Catholic Evangelical Baptist Anglican Christian that I am! Short definition being a Christian...As described in earlier blogs.

well all for now guys....Take care and thank you to everyone for their kind words and prayers over the past week....I really appreciate it!

6 comments:

Revd. Neal Terry said...

A church with a bar eh? sounds delightful. We are just about managing to have lightbulbs!

You sound to have a fairly broad heritage in church. Not a bad thing. I have used the missal in leading worship in my church (CofE)without causing dissent, mind you I am churchwarden so people tend not to want to battle with me!

Unknown said...

Basically what i said was that there isnt a bible in my church...this is something which annoys me but is just how things work within this particular roman catholic church. what we do use is called a missal. which has all the readings and responses and stuff like that in it, for the whole year etc...that make sense....but we dont actually have the whole bible in the church and readings are read from the missal and not the bible etc.i dont really know how to explain why its this way but i will try and find out.
hope that makes a bit more sense

Unknown said...

Why would they not battle with you? shouldnt they be able to say what they think?

moira frew said...

I think that the RC Missal is similar to the Anglican Lectionary which has all the readings for every day for the whole year, it works in a three year cycle I think. Well there are three books easily referred to as Year A, Year B, & Year C.....don't ask me why or which year we are in as this can depend on a church and I am not an anglican.....

Unknown said...

yea, thats about right what it is in RC, cycle A B & C.

Anonymous said...

hi laura
thought you might like this
yesterday's history,
tomorrow's a mystery,
today is a gift:
the present.