Monday, October 16, 2006

Back to what we were talking about the other day in Key issues....
we talked about where we get our spiritual development/fulfillment from...I firstly found this a really difficult question to answer but once I got thinking about it I realised that the way that I feel closer to God is usually when I'm on my own and I've been doing something that I don't have to think whilst doing...Like cycling long distance, swimming, walking etc and then I can use that time to think about God.

This weekend I went on a trip with the mountaineering club to snowdonia. On the Saturday we went walking in the Rhynogs (spelling?) and on Sunday we climbed snowdon. I had done this before but this time we took a different track and also the fog cleared just as we got to the top...It was spectacular! I could have sat there all day. But while I was sat there I got to thinking about this 'feeling closer to God thing' and well its been a long time. Lately I think ivy been so busy that I've not given God the time or space in my life that is deserved and I think that is probably why I've been feeling so far away from God...Because I haven't taken the time to be with Him.

This blog seems to be turning into some sort of story of my life, I'm not sure I want it to....I'm going to stop now....
in future I think I'm going to keep it more academic....That was the idea right?

Ok...Time to think of more controversial topics......
Lectures on Creation tomorrow.....Anyone want to start?

2 comments:

rich kendrick said...

Your spelling is spot on Laura.
Ahhh Snowdon, probably my favourite place to be in the world, in fact if it wasn't so cold I could quite happily move to the summit! It has always been the favourite place for me where I can go, switch off and talk to God. And to link this in with the upcoming creation lecture I would suggest to anyone that believes this world was created by accident that they grab there sarnies, climb Snowdon and spend a few hours looking at the world and then if you can, come back and tell me it was all created by chance!

Unknown said...

Thanks Sam, i'm going to start a little dicussion about creation after the lecture which is in about 30mins...so hold on to your seats....and get ready for a big bang!