Sunday, March 18, 2007

Brooke Fraser - Shadowfeet

This is a beautiful song that from an artist a new friend introduced me to. the video shows so many different types of people yet we are all God's children. the actual lyrics of the song (to me) are about standing strong even when you feel like the world is falling apart around you. Let me know what you think.
Here are the Lyrics too.
Shadow Feet (Album Version)
Walking, stumbling
On these shadow feet
Toward home, a land that I've never seen
I am changing
Less and less asleep
Made of different stuff than when I began

And I have sensed it all along
Now fast approaching is the day

CHORUS
When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
When the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees
When time and space are through
I'll be found in you

There's distraction
Buzzing in my head
Saying in the shadows it's easier to stay
But I've heard rumours of true reality
Whispers of a well-lit way


CHORUS


Bridge
You make all things new

CHORUS

CHORUS 2
When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
Every fear and accusation under my feet
When time and space are through
I'll be found in you
When time and space are through
I'll be found in you
When time and space are through
I'll be found in you


Copyright Brooke Fraser

6 comments:

moira frew said...

just....pure dead brillant!

thanks for sharing

M

Tori said...

I just recently came across this song....its my encouragement that i turn to when my bible is not near...i just hav to sung d song and it reminds me that God is near...

Anonymous said...

I just love this Christian song and can't stop playing it...it's about walking with Jesus (and stumbling like we all do) while we're here on earth for just a short time (shadow feet)and how he's coming back soon when the sky rolls back and mountains fall on their knees! Can't wait!

Xochitl said...

The song is totally beautiful; it is sung also beautifully, but I deferr to disagree with "can hardly wait until????" The apocalyps? I don't buy that.It does not make sense. Why would a good man, a king, a loving human, build something so that it could be destroyed? I don't think so. And to that end: apocalyps? So we make war on all the peoples of the world the way we are doing so now, then somebody a little big bigger will take revenge on us and the world will end? Not good. Jesus is love, is nurturing, is life. Not death.

Anonymous said...

THIS SONG WILL BE USED IN MY WAY TO REACH OUT TO THE WORLD , AND GET THEM TO RELIZE NO MATTER WHATS GOING ON AROUND US , HE IS ALWAYS WITH US .. THANK U BROOKE ..

THANK U FOR LETTING GOD USE U TO TOUCH THIS WORLD , GOD BLESS

Delvalina said...

to me, It's about Jesus coming back..we all ow heading to our eternal home. So in the aftermath of this all when He is back, will see find us in faith? :) but it depends on what we exposed.

Thank you for posting!